The Nemeth tutorial is pre-installed in your BrailleNote Apex. In some circumstances, it may happen that you need to re-install it.
Installation procedure using removable memory:
To install any of the optional applications, you will need to acquire the installation file available from the link below. The Installation upgrade file has an .hwz or hwzi extension.
You will also need a memory media such as an SD card or a USB thumb drive (it will be referred to as the Installation SD card later in the text) to perform the installation.
To prepare the installation SD card, follow the instructions below:1. Insert the SD card in the computer's SD card reader. You may also use an external SD card reader connected to the computer's USB port.
2. Download the installation upgrade file or the optional application program to the PC.
3. Make sure to save this file in a location you will be able to locate.
4. Copy this file into the root directory of your SD card. It does not matter if there are other files and folders present.
Once the installation SD card is ready, please follow this procedure:1. Connect your BrailleNote Apex device to a power outlet. Neglecting to do so may cause device memory corruption.
2. Make sure the BrailleNote Apex is powered on.
3. Verify that there is no SD card in the BrailleNote's SD card slot and that the USB drives are not being used.
4. Insert the installation SD card. The BrailleNote Apex will confirm that an SD card was inserted. You will be asked to perform a soft reset.
5. When the Apex has rebooted, it will ask you if you want to install this new software version or the optional application. Press Y to proceed with installation or N to abort.
6. Beeps and progress messages will be heard throughout the installation process. This will only take a few short moments.
7. When installation is complete, the BrailleNote will restart. The new installation has been completed when the startup chime is heard and you are in the main menu. If you installed an optional application, the user guide will open. Note that the installation file has been deleted from the SD card.
Installation procedure using the Apex internal memory:
Alternatively, you can download the file directly on the Apex Flash disk. If using the Apex to download the file, make sure to do this through an Ethernet connection, not a Wi-Fi connection. When downloaded, the file should be saved in the Flash Disk root folder. Please consult user guide for information on downloading files.
In case of problems during installation: If an installation failure message is heard, do not reset the device. Remove the installation SD card and insert it again. If the problem persists, contact technical support.