Update or install a new software version
Victor Reader Trek 2.1 Installation Instructions
Below you will have the procedures, guidelines, and links to install the new version.
Install the new 2.1 version
Turn on the automatic updates form your device’s online menu, connect your device to Wi-Fi and update to the new version 2.1 directly from your device.
If you wish to change the language or the voice on your device please continue with the following procedure. Once you have completed the version update go to "Install new map packages – HERE maps" section.
We highly encourage you to install the new HERE maps on this new 2.1 version; if you continue using the Tomtom maps we do not guarantee the best experience and would like to inform you that the support on Tomtom maps will be discontinued in the near future.
While you are installing the new version HumanWare invites you to subscribe to the Trek GPS newsletter at http://www.humanware.com/GPSnews
Changing language or package voice:
1. Choose one single file ending in UPG of the links below based on the language and the 2 voices of your choice such as “tyler and Lucy” and Download this UPG file to your computer.
2. Copy the downloaded file to the root of an SD card, safely remove the SD card from the computer and put it back in your Trek device.
3. Connect the Trek to a power source to charge it and then power it on.
4. The software update will start automatically. The installation process takes about 2 minutes during which the Trek will issue periodic progression messages. The Trek will announce when the update is complete, and then it will power off.
5. When you power the Trek back on, you can confirm the new version number by pressing the INFO key (0).
Update packages links ending in UPG:
English - AustraliaVictor Reader Trek Australian English v2.1 Lisa and tyler (Female English Male English)
English - North America
English - UK
French - Canada
French - France
Danish - Denmark
Russian - Russia
Italian - Italy
Arabic - Saudi Arabia