Brailliant version 2.0.1 - Release Note
Updating from 1.0.24
- Full charging support from all standard USB wall chargers. This includes all Micro USB phone chargers, or connecting a Micro USB cable to the Apple iOS wall charger
- Added Polish localization
Updating from 1.0.20
- Support of Portuguese, Slovenian and Spanish in the Brailliant's internal menu
- Change in the configuration menu where the first level menu is read-only. One must double tap the power button to modify settings. Double tap the power button a second time to clear the display. Double tap the power button a third time to return to the read-only menu.
- Auto power off will be disabled by default
Updating from 1.0.10
- Support of Arabic and Japanese
- B 80: Improved Bluetooth support, including support for VoiceOver iOS
Updating from 1.0.8:
- All changes from 1.0.0
- Fix to prevent losing keys in Bluetooth
- Fix keypad lock after power off connected to USB
Updating from 1.0.0:
- Support of Czech and Russian in the Brailliant's internal menu
- Improve Power Management
- USB module shutdown when not used to improved battery life
- Fix for high power consumption on first Bluetooth Connection
- Fix for USB so the driver is not reinstalled when it doesn't need to
- Fix for USB to prevent driver reinstall when changing USB port
- Support of Brailliant BI 32
- Battery driver patch to prevent always reporting 100% at power up
- Bluetooth name prefix changed to the Brailliant model used
- Keys are no longer reported to PC while in the Brailliant's menu
Software update installation
To upgrade the firmware of your Brailliant, you will need to acquire the installation upgrade file.
Download the file BrailliantBITools.exe on your computer using the link at the end of this page and open it.
Note: If you are using a screen reader with your Brailliant, you have to do the following:
1. Disconnect the USB cable of your Brailliant.
2. Quit your screen reader program and restart it without having your Brailliant connected.
3. When your screen reader is running, you can reconnect the USB cable of your Brailliant.
Select the button Update the Brailliant BI firmware and carefully follow the on screen instructions.
After updating the firmware of your Brailliant, the find new hardware wizard may appear. Simply follow the onscreen instructions; the required files are already preinstalled on your computer.