Download VRC-203 Victor Reader ClassicX + version 3.4 Portuguese
Victor Reader ClassicX and ClassicX Plus Version 3.4
April 7, 2010
This version provides the following changes and corrections.
- MP3 Time Jump. The Time Jump has been added to the up/down navigation levels for MP3 audio files. The choice of 1, 5, or 10 minute jump intervals is set in the configuration menu. Factory default is 1 minute.
- 5 Second Time Jump : For ClassicX+ only a single press of the Rewind/Fast Forward key will jump 5 seconds backward/forward in the audio.
- ClassicX Sleep: This version provides multiple Sleep intervals on multiple press of Sleep key for ClassicX so it behaves the same as the ClassicX+ Sleep key.
- Limit Phrase Length. If phrase segment (SMIL segment) is longer than 1 minute then Phrase navigation is limited to 1 minute. This eliminates unexpected large jumps at the phrase level where the user expects small jumps
- Support for DAISY 3 NISO 2005 Books has been added.
- User Override Inserting Multi-CD Books. If user inserts the CDs of a multi-CD book in the wrong order, the player will play ‘wrong CD’ CD as before but it will not eject the CD. The user can then choose to eject the CD or just press Play to continue reading it.
- The player will no longer announce ‘line’ or ‘page’ when playing Line or Page skippable elements.
- DAISY book file sets with more than one level of nested folder will now play.
- Some players did not recognize CDs burned with track-at-once or session-at-once methods. This is corrected.
- Books with a very large number of files could make the player unresponsive in a previous 3.4 beta version. This is corrected.
Victor Reader Classic and Classic + Version 3.3
This maintenance release is an optional update. It aligns the existing Victor Reader Classic and Classic + player models at software level 3.3 that was introduced with the new ClassicX and ClassicX + models in September.
There are several usability improvements between version 3.1.25 and the new version 3.3.12 for Classic and Classic +:
- Faster Reaction to CD Media Errors : CD read errors caused by damaged or dirty CD's could cause the player to attempt re-reading for several minutes during which time the player was unresponsive to key presses. This version has reduced the retries to approximately one minute and if the CD still cannot be read the player will issue an error message and announce that it is skipping to the next section of the book.
- Sleep Key (Classic only): The Sleep key has been simplified on the Classic. There are no longer multiple key presses which many Classic users found confusing. A single key press will start a 15 minute sleep timer. Pressing it again will simply restart the 15 minute timer. The multiple key press to select 15, 30, 45, and 60 minutes remains for the Classic +.
- Multi-CD Books : The first time a multi-CD book is played it is now permitted to insert any CD of the book. Otherwise, the user must insert the CD that was last read.